CA Technologies (NASDAQ: CA) today announced a new release of CA Capacity Management that enables enterprises and service providers to provide more reliable business services by better predicting the optimal resources needed to support applications that reside in mainframe, distributed, virtual and/or hybrid cloud environments. The solution’s new analytical capabilities also provide data that can help organizations reduce data center costs and risk, and improve business agility.
According to “IT Optimization through Predictive Capacity Management”*, an Enterprise Management Associates white paper commissioned by CA Technologies, “real-time configuration, performance, and utilization data constitutes the baseline for any accurate capacity calculation…When analyzing [this] data, it is essential to not only take a look at peak and average activity, but also include mid and long-term resource usage patterns. This information helps the IT department understand how workloads are currently growing and how they might contend for resources in the future. To ensure accuracy, capacity management software must include algorithms to validate the quality and completeness of the imported data.”
CA Capacity Management uniquely provides advanced scalability and capacity analysis for the cross-platform enterprise to provide customers with the prescriptive insight needed to make informed business decisions to enhance quality of service and quality of experience. For example, the new version of the solution helps customers to:
- Model mainframe capacity and perform what-if analyses for complete, end-to-end capacity modeling;
- Preview how applications will perform and how much they will cost when considering hybrid cloud migration initiatives;
- Efficiently reserve capacity for upcoming projects, application roll-outs, and users or companies being added to the environment; and
- Achieve greater data center efficiency, higher resource utilization rates, and even more accurate predictions on application performance with expanded support for CA Infrastructure Management and Microsoft SCOM environments.
“Virtualization and cloud computing have raised a variety of challenges for companies in managing the performance of business services. They need to anticipate how their applications will perform in new environments; if they have adequate infrastructure capacity to deliver on their SLAs; when they will need to bring additional infrastructure on-line to support demand; and whether these services are being delivered as efficiently as possible,” said Rick Fitz, Senior Vice President, Product Management, Service Assurance, CA Technologies. “The new predictive analytics capabilities in CA Capacity Management provide the insight that help IT organizations ensure the delivery of high quality, reliable services while optimizing their investment in supporting infrastructure and freeing up investment for other innovative projects.”
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts