View the Hyperloop concept here.
Either way, one thing's for certain: Musk is a game-changer. A pioneer. A visionary. He's that guy we've always needed. Someone who has the brains, work ethic, and charisma to get something done that will substantially benefit the entire world.
At this rate, it doesn't matter how far his ideas go. It's the foundation for continued revolution. When Ford changed the way automobiles were produced, I'm sure he never thought robots would build the cars. Or when the first computer was made, I'm sure it was never expected to fit in your pocket in the form of a smartphone.
How far Musk will get or what he still has left to uncover remains unknown. Perhaps neither he nor the rest of us will live long enough to see to what extent in which mankind takes his incredible work, his building blocks of bettering the world. But we'll likely look back (possibly from Mars) and say, "This is because of Musk."-- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. . At the time of publication the author is long EBAY. Follow @BretKenwell This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV