SANTA CLARA, Calif., Aug. 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Palo Alto Networks® (NYSE: PANW), the network security company™, today announced that its WildFire malware analysis sandbox now is capable of analyzing Android applications in the APK file format to identify advanced threats in Android applications.
Earlier this year, Jon Oltsik, Senior Analyst at Enterprise Strategy Group, noted that mobile malware increased more than 1,000% in 2012 and that volume and sophistication will continue to increase in 2013.
Due to the Android OS open development environment and its popularity, which according to IDC held a leading 79.3% market share in Q2 2013, Android-based smartphones and tablets are susceptible to mobile malware. The platform provides an enticing way for cybercriminals to attack networks as evidenced by the recent distribution of the 'BadNews' malware via a mobile advertising network.To address the challenge of advanced threats, organizations need to ensure their security strategies account for threats targeting their employees' mobile devices and the networks to which they are connected. Unlike traditional security solutions that focus on the endpoint, Palo Alto Networks WildFire captures malware in the network and in the wild, and actively analyzes it in a virtualized Android environment to proactively protect networks against new APK-based malware. QUOTE
- "Smart-phones and tablets are rapidly becoming as powerful and as common as PCs on the enterprise network. Protecting these devices from cyber threats is one of the rapidly emerging fronts in cybersecurity, and with this functionality in the WildFire sandbox we provide an easy way for enterprises to protect themselves from these threats. The Palo Alto Networks approach is a practical and effective approach, allowing for centralized enforcement and prevention at the network level, without worrying about the power consumption and performance concerns often common in endpoint solutions."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV