- Developments in Literacy, to fund three schools in Rawalpindi, Pakistan with over 70% female enrollment. These schools serve rural and impoverished regions of a country where nearly 75% of girls are illiterate.
- Child Aid’s Reading for Life program, to supply translated reading curriculum books for schools and libraries in Guatemala. These schools currently operate with an average of one translated book per class.
- Mumbai Mobile Creches, to provide education for children of migrant workers living temporarily on construction sites around Mumbai, India. Over 50,000 children reside in temporary housing on construction sites in the city of Mumbai with no access to formal education.
- Niños en Alegría, to train more than 160 teachers in technology and entrepreneurship student curricula in Guerrero, Mexico. Niños en Alegría currently operates eight schools, employing testing and curriculum standards that surpass public education standards in Mexico.
- The Maharaja Hanwant Singhji Charitable Trust’s Veerni Project, to provide room, board and tuition for girls in Jodhpur, India to attend secondary school. India has one of the largest populations of children without access to education. This project helps ensure the students complete their education.
- Grants for Innovative Teaching through the Junior League of Dallas, to fund innovative teaching programs in the Dallas Independent School District. These grants go toward projects in science, technology, engineering, math and literacy that otherwise would not be provided for in school budgets.
- Voices For Children Foundation, to purchase school uniforms for neglected children in Miami, Florida. All of the money goes directly to children who have been removed from their homes to buy enough school uniforms, including shoes, for one academic year.
- World Learning, to translate and print workbooks and provide teacher training in financial literacy education for orphaned teenagers in Ethiopia. The curriculum is designed to help students save money, plan for the future, and learn skills to become entrepreneurs.
MoneyGram Foundation Awards $250,000 To Eight Organizations Worldwide
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.