National survey reveals the most enticing and frustrating aspects of travel rewards programs
TORONTO, Aug. 12, 2013 /CNW/ - Scotiabank today released the results of a national survey revealing Canadians' behaviour and satisfaction when it comes to travel rewards programs.
90% of Canadians in the target age/income group belong to a travel rewards program, and of these, just over half (56%) have a personal credit card that offers travel rewards. When asked to rank, their most important consideration for selecting a travel rewards credit card, survey participants overwhelmingly ranked as most important how quickly they can earn points (number of points earned per 1 dollar spent) (42%), followed by the travel rewards program the card is affiliated with (28%), the type of card (17%) and the issuing bank (14%).
"We know Canadians want to earn points faster and redeem them often without the aggravation of blackout periods and high fees," said Mike Henry, Scotiabank Senior Vice President and Head of Retail Payments, Deposits and Lending. "With the Scotiabank suite of American Express cards, our customers know that they can earn points quickly and redeem simply for any flight, any time on any airline-no restrictions or added costs."At the same time, the most frequently cited aggravations associated with travel rewards cards and programs include:
- Annual fees
- The time needed to accumulate points and;
- Travel reward limitations, such as seat restrictions, limited airline choices, or blackout periods on flights.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV