SCOTTSDALE, Ariz., Aug. 12, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- iGO, Inc. (Nasdaq:IGOI), a leading provider of eco-friendly power management solutions and accessories for mobile electronic devices, today reported financial results for the second quarter ending June 30, 2013.
Revenue was $4.7 million for the second quarter of 2013, compared with $7.3 million for the same period of the prior year. The decline in revenue is primarily attributable to lower sales of power products.
Net loss was $2.4 million, or ($0.81) per share, in the second quarter of 2013, compared with a net loss of $3.5 million, or ($1.24) per share, in the same quarter of the prior year.As of June 30, 2013, the Company had $11.4 million in cash, cash equivalents, and short-term investments, and no debt. Following is a breakdown of year-over-year revenue trends in the Company's major product categories:
- Power products – Sales of power products were $3.8 million for the second quarter of 2013, compared with $5.8 million for the second quarter of 2012.
- Audio products – Sales of audio products were $479,000 for the second quarter of 2013, compared with $600,000 for the second quarter of 2012.
- Rechargeable alkaline batteries – Sales of rechargeable alkaline batteries were $342,000 for the second quarter of 2013, compared with $435,000 for the second quarter of 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV