Assembled: Detroit, Mich.
NHTSA percentage made in the U.S.: 45% (18% Japan)
Yes, unions make hybrids, and this isn't even the only one on the list. Granted, the Cadillac Escalade and Ford Escape and Focus hybrids each have more American-made parts than the Volt, but the Volt is the first plug-in hybrid made here. It's a little more luxurious than its competitors, which means features including a huge onboard hard drive, rear camera, touchscreen audio system and quiet cabin keep the price up and the sales numbers down. Since consumers caught on to this, however, sales jumped from a little less than 7,700 in 2011 to more than 41,000 last year. That $5,000 price cut shouldn't hurt, either.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV