10 Brewpubs Calling for a Taste (or a Fight) in 2013
6. Deschutes Brewery and Public House
Location: Bend, Ore.
It's hard to pick any of Oregon's countless brewpubs and say definitively that it's better than all the others. Last year, RateBeer's long-form list put Portland brewery Cascade Barrel House up front, but also included Cascade's Portland neighbor Hopworks and Pacific City's Pelican Pub and Brewery. This year, however, voters went with one of its longest-tenured brewers -- Deschutes, which came on the scene in 1988. Last year's expansion and renovation of the brewery's home pub in Bend must have decreased wait times significantly. Don't get us wrong, the brewery pretzel with creamy cheddar cheese and Black Butte Porter mustard is outstanding, as is the elk burger and sweet and spicy mac and cheese. It's just that you can get all of the same at the brewery's second location in Portland as well. Not having to wait for it in Bend and having access to brewery-specific beers such as the hoppy Big Ritter, the Finnish Sahti-style Botanic Ale and the only-this-year clone of the original 1988 Jubelale recipe makes a trip down to the main brewery and its brewpub a much better bet.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV