This goes back, though, to the question I asked earlier: Investors have to know what they're paying for. If you want the strong growth that Google has consistently provided, you're going to have to sacrifice some nights of restful sleep.
I have always liked Google's stock and I don't believe that this story has changed. I've always said that the best way to evaluate Google's stock price is on a five-year basis. And projecting five years out, I still see mid-to-high double-digit revenue growth, which means this is far from a mature company.
With the stock having reached $928 recently, predicting $1,000 a share wouldn't be sticking my neck out too far. But with rising free-cash flow and management's ability to realize value from the company's recent investments, I can see the stock reaching $1,200 by this time next year, if not sooner.At the time of publication, the author was long AAPL. Follow @saintssense This article was written by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV