NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Known for wanting to be everything to everyone, Google (GOOG) often seems misunderstood in the eyes of investors. Whether in smartphones or tablets, apps or maps, and now Google is working to become an ISP, an internet service provider.
While you would be correct to call this variety of ambitions scattered, you must also call Google successful. And the company's stock price, which recently hit a wall after reaching $928, has become a concern for investors, who are worried about the company's growth potential.
Despite its search dominance, Google never rests.
The company is in simultaneous battles with titans like Apple (AAPL) and Facebook (FB) to win control over mobile and social media, while at the same time fighting a war with Microsoft (MSFT) in device browsers and operating systems. As if this was not enough, now Google wants to take on other ISPs like Time Warner Cable (TWC).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV