AerCap Holdings (AER - Get Report) is a Netherlands-based aircraft lessor that I recently added to my portfolio. The company just reported quarterly results that exceeded top- and bottom-line expectations, making this the third straight quarterly beat. The stock is cheap at 7.5x this year's expected earnings. AerCap shares also sell for just less than book value.
The company gets 40% of its revenue from European carriers, and it would naturally benefit from a turn in investment sentiment on the continent. It also gets more than 40% of its revenue from faster-growing regions of Asia, Latin America and the Middle East. The company is well-positioned for the continued long-term demand with regard to increasing air travel, especially in emerging markets.
In addition, more and more airlines are moving to an "asset-light" model. Over the past two decades, the percentage of planes that are leased rather than bought has quadrupled -- but still stands at just around 42%. This trend should continue, and that will benefit disciplined lessors such as AerCap Holdings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV