Today, GE Appliances leaders, joined by Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal and Sen. Johnny Isakson, cut the ribbon on the new plant expansion at GE’s cooking products plant in LaFayette, Ga.* The expansion accommodates a new 1,100 ton power press that will enable the plant to increase its metal fabrication capability as part of a program to insource metal parts to support the manufacturing of a new line of wall ovens. Insourcing and new product production have led to the creation of 90 new jobs at the LaFayette plant.
GE Appliances invested $88 million to support the new line of GE wall ovens and to update the freestanding range products manufactured at the plant, all of which will feature new styling and appearance. The investment is part of a $1 billion investment GE Appliances is making to revitalize its U.S. plants, products and services. So far, the $1 billion investment has created over 3,000 jobs.
“GE's investment has had a positive impact on the LaFayette economy. We employed more than 40 local companies in our expansion project. The community and our employees can be proud of the innovative, new products built in LaFayette. They will delight consumers across the nation,” said GE Appliances President and CEO Chip Blankenship.
“The LaFayette production expansion is a perfect example of insourcing the manufacturing of products currently made in other countries,” said Deal. “GE’s investment not only provides inroads toward future growth, but it also creates jobs and fosters a sense of pride among local employees who are making industry-first GE appliance products.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV