3 Stocks Dragging The Insurance Industry Downward
2. As of noon trading, Berkshire Hathaway ( BRK.A) is down $1,411.99 (-0.8%) to $175,139.01 on light volume. Thus far, 133 shares of Berkshire Hathaway exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 500 shares. The stock has ranged in price between $174,865.00-$176,500.00 after having opened the day at $176,200.00 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $176,551.00. Berkshire Hathaway, Inc. is a publicly owned investment manager. Through its subsidiaries, the firm primarily engages in the insurance and reinsurance of property and casualty risks business. Berkshire Hathaway was founded in 1889 and is based in Omaha, Nebraska. Berkshire Hathaway has a market cap of $152.2 billion and is part of the financial sector. Shares are up 31.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates Berkshire Hathaway as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, compelling growth in net income, notable return on equity and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value. Get the full Berkshire Hathaway Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts