NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- With equities having a strong 2013, Margaret Vitrano, portfolio manager of the ClearBridge Large Cap Growth Fund, tells TheStreet's Gregg Greenberg what stocks she still likes.
Anheuser Busch (BUD) is up roughly 14% year to date, and Vitrano said steady beer volumes and strong management continue to lead to the way for the stock price.
Investors continue to be pleased by the way the company overdelivers, and its innovation is leading to pricing power, she said.
Vitrano continues to like Citrix Systems (CTXS), even though it's up 15% in the past month and trades with a price-to-earnings ratio of 21, based on forward earnings estimates. The company is at the forefront of a very large trend in mobile and still has plenty of upside, she said.Vitrano said she wouldn't be surprised if Visa (V) was still part of her fund's holdings five years from now. She said it's one of the best secular stories in the financial sector. The trend from cash to cashless transactions is very powerful and will continue to tilt in Visa's favor. Finally, Vitrano also likes Yum! Brands (YUM), despite the recent food safety woes in China. She said the problems have likely passed and that there are plenty of underpenetrated areas left to tackle, including Asia, India and Africa. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV