5 Hold-Rated Dividend Stocks: CRT, ANH, MSB, HRZN, PDH
Anworth Mortgage Asset Corporation (NYSE: ANH) shares currently have a dividend yield of 12.70%. Anworth Mortgage Asset Corporation operates as a real estate investment trust in the United States. The company primarily invests in the United States agency mortgage-backed securities, which are securities representing obligations guaranteed by the U.S. The company has a P/E ratio of 7.98. The average volume for Anworth Mortgage Asset Corporation has been 1,450,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. Anworth Mortgage Asset Corporation has a market cap of $673.4 million and is part of the real estate industry. Shares are down 18.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates Anworth Mortgage Asset Corporation as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its attractive valuation levels and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share, deteriorating net income and disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The gross profit margin for ANWORTH MTG ASSET CORP is currently very high, coming in at 91.05%. Regardless of ANH's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, ANH's net profit margin of 50.71% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- ANH, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 7.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 10.5%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- ANWORTH MTG ASSET CORP's earnings per share declined by 16.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. Earnings per share have declined over the last two years. We anticipate that this should continue in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ANWORTH MTG ASSET CORP reported lower earnings of $0.68 versus $0.90 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 22.1% in earnings ($0.53 versus $0.68).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and greatly underperformed compared to the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry average. The net income has decreased by 10.9% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $25.81 million to $23.00 million.
- You can view the full Anworth Mortgage Asset Corporation Ratings Report.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV