Northwest Natural Gas Stock Downgraded (NWN)
- NWN's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 14.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 23.6%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Gas Utilities industry. The net income increased by 50.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $1.41 million to $2.13 million.
- NORTHWEST NATURAL GAS CO reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, NORTHWEST NATURAL GAS CO reported lower earnings of $2.21 versus $2.39 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.25 versus $2.21).
- The gross profit margin for NORTHWEST NATURAL GAS CO is rather low; currently it is at 24.30%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 1.61% trails that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $54.02 million or 11.90% when compared to the same quarter last year. In conjunction, when comparing current results to the industry average, NORTHWEST NATURAL GAS CO has marginally lower results.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts