FORT WORTH, Texas, Aug. 9, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Tandy Leather Factory, Inc. (Nasdaq:TLF) today reported financial results for the second quarter of 2013. Consolidated net income for the quarter ended June 30, 2013 was $1.6 million compared to consolidated net income of $1.5 million for the second quarter of 2012, an increase of 6%. Fully diluted earnings per share for the quarter were $0.16, compared to $0.15 in the second quarter of last year. Total sales for the quarter ended June 30, 2013 were $19.0 million, up 12% from $16.9 million in the second quarter last year.
Consolidated sales for the six months ended June 30, 2013 were $38.2 million, up 9% from 2012's first half sales of $35.1 million. Consolidated net income for the first half of 2013 was up 3% to $3.2 million or $0.32 per fully-diluted share versus $3.1 million or $0.30 per fully-diluted share in the comparable period last year.
Sales in the Retail Leathercraft segment, which consists of the Tandy Leather stores, increased $1.4 million in the second quarter, a 14% improvement over last year's second quarter. Seventy-eight stores comprised Tandy Leather's operations on June 30, 2013. For the first six months of 2013, Retail Leathercraft's sales increased $2.7 million, or 13%, over the first six months of 2012. Second quarter sales for the Wholesale Leathercraft segment, which consists of the Leather Factory stores and national account group, were up 7%, or $446,000, from the same quarter last year. For the first six months of 2013, Wholesale Leathercraft's sales were up $23,000, or 0.2%, compared to the same period in 2012. International Leathercraft, consisting of three stores located in the United Kingdom, Spain and Australia, reported a sales increase of 32%, or $244,000, compared to the second quarter of 2012. For the year, International Leathercraft's sales were up 30%, or $451,000, over the same period last year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV