Dell announced today that its converged infrastructure offerings, ranging from its Dell Active Infrastructure portfolio to its recently introduced Dell PowerEdge VRTX solution, are gaining momentum and leading industry analyst firms are commenting on its emergence as a recognized industry leader.
Converged infrastructure, which combines compute, storage and networking resources with infrastructure management into a virtual or physical integrated system, is a growing market as organizations strive to make their data centers simpler, more flexible and cost-effective. Dell’s differentiated approach uniquely offers customers a choice of convergence strategies, and provides customers migration options for heterogeneous, legacy IT environments: a software-based Active Infrastructure management layer which aggregates customers’ heterogeneous legacy infrastructure investments into a virtual converged infrastructure, and physical converged infrastructure where all resources and management are included in the same chassis such as Dell PowerEdge VRTX.
According to four recently completed research reports, Dell’s converged solutions offerings include a superior set of capabilities that are gaining significant traction in the marketplace:
- Technology Business Research: Dell is recognized as the converged infrastructure brand most likely to be recommended by customers using more than one brand of converged infrastructure according to the “Converged Infrastructure Landscape Report” by Technology Business Research, Inc. (1) The report states that Dell Active System, launched in October 2012, “is already experiencing tremendous customer adoption despite its relatively short existence in the market.” The report also notes that “with the expanded Active System line and the introduction of PowerEdge VRTX, Dell now goes to market with a complete, unique portfolio that targets customers across the SMB, midmarket and enterprise spaces.”
- Info-Tech Research Group: Dell is also recognized as a “Champion” in the Info-Tech Research Group “2013 Vendor Landscape for Converged Systems.” (2) Assessing vendors by the strength of their offering and their strategy, Dell is one of only three considered to be a leading vendor with converged infrastructure solutions. The Dell Active Infrastructure portfolio is recognized for its channel strength and intuitive user-interface. The report notes, “Dell is a major player with a reputation for ease of use and strong support offerings.”
- Enterprise Strategy Group: Dell PowerEdge VRTX was highlighted in an ESG product brief called “Dell PowerEdge VRTX Stands Alone Addressing IT Demands of Remote and Small Offices” which notes, “The universal appeal of Dell VRTX will capture the attention of IT and business professionals with its many deployment options, certified support for major productivity communications applications, and multiple matches for business and industry use cases.” (3)
- IDC: IDC recently published a report on Dell PowerEdge VRTX noting, “By bringing the VRTX system to midmarket, Dell clearly shows that it understands the opportunity in bringing resilient, secure, and highly reliable technology to run essential SMB workloads.” (4)
“Dell is effectively navigating the converged systems market by positioning its Active Infrastructure portfolio and the PowerEdge VRTX solution for a wide range of workload requirements,” said Christian Perry, senior analyst, data centers, Technology Business Research.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts