NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Stocks stabilized Thursday, but individual companies reporting quarterly earnings had their ups and downs, some by double-digit percentages. Two stocks blasted off in moon-shots and two were cut behind the investor woodshed.
On Tuesday in Groupon, Tesla and Priceline Headline Earnings Previews I covered 11 companies that reported quarterly results afterhours Wednesday, on Thursday, and one that reports this morning. Today's scorecard covers the six stocks that reported results in the afterhours on Wednesday and premarket on Thursday. On Monday, I will provide the scorecard for the five that reported in the afterhours Thursday and in the premarket on Friday.
Fundamentally the ValuEngine valuation warning continues with 75.8% of all stocks overvalued with 43% overvalued by 20% or more. 15 of 16 sectors are overvalued, 14 by double-digit percentages including seven overvalued by more than 20%.
Scorecard from stocks that reported earnings results Wednesday afterhours and Thursday premarket:Eagle Materials (EXP) ($67.92) missed EPS estimates by 2 cents earning 60 cents a share. The stock opened a tad lower on Thursday but rebounded to a test of its 50-day simple moving average at $68.72 after the day's low was above its 200-day at $64.39. The hold rated cement manufacturer has a quarterly value level at $65.09 and a monthly risky level at $79.43. Foster Wheeler (FWLT) ($24.09) beat estimates by 21 cents earning 54 cents a share. The stock closed Wednesday at $21.75 and popped above its 50-day and 200-day SMAs at $22.44 and $22.90 at Thursday's open. Thursday's high was $24.95. The construction and engineering company has been downgraded to sell from hold this morning, and has a monthly pivot at $23.33 and semiannual risky level at $25.04.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV