SEATTLE, Aug. 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- As part of its continued commitment to supporting future pharmacists, Cardinal Health today announced that six pharmacy schools across the country will receive more than $625,000 in funding through the Cardinal Health Pharmacy Scholarship Program.
The company has donated nearly $2.2 million to more than 20 universities through this program since its launch in June 2011.
The six schools that were selected to participate in this year's Cardinal Health Pharmacy Scholarship Program were selected based on their commitment to advancing the independent pharmacy profession. These schools offer curricula focused on operating an independent pharmacy; support student-run chapters of the National Community Pharmacists Association (NCPA); endorse internship and co-op programs with local independent retail pharmacies; and demonstrate high post-graduate placement rates in community pharmacy settings.
"Cardinal Health is dedicated to supporting the essential role community pharmacists play in delivering superior care to patients every day," said Mike Kaufmann, chief executive officer of Cardinal Health's Pharmaceutical Segment. "These universities are leaders in developing the future of independent pharmacy, and we're proud to support the growth and education of their best and brightest students."The six schools that received pharmacy scholarship funding from the Cardinal Health Pharmacy Scholarship Program in 2013 include:
- Chicago State College of Pharmacy ( Chicago, Ill.)
- Drake University College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences ( Des Moines, Iowa)
- Nova Southeastern University College of Pharmacy ( Puerto Rico)
- The Ohio State University College of Pharmacy ( Columbus, Ohio)
- The South Carolina College of Pharmacy ( Columbia, S.C.)
- The University of Colorado Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences ( Aurora, Colo.)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV