- On July 17, 2013, Synergy reached the halfway mark for total enrollment in its plecanatide Phase 2b clinical trial in patients with IBS-C. At present, over 726 patients have been screened, and 204 patients have been enrolled in the study. Synergy anticipates completing enrollment in the fourth quarter of 2013 and reporting top line data in the first quarter of 2014.
- On August 5, 2013, Synergy completed an End-of-Phase 2 meeting with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regarding Synergy’s drug plecanatide for the treatment of chronic idiopathic constipation (CIC). Agreement was reached with the FDA on design, duration, size and primary and secondary efficacy endpoints for pivotal phase 3 studies. A pivotal phase 3 program evaluating the safety and efficacy of plecanatide in CIC patients and is expected to be initiated in the fourth quarter of 2013.
Synergy Pharmaceuticals Reports Second Quarter 2013 Financial Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts