During the six months ended June 30, 2013, Lakes recognized preopening expenses of $1.2 million related to the Rocky Gap project. There were no preopening expenses during the prior year period.
There were no impairments and other losses during the six months ended June 30, 2013. Lakes recognized impairments and other losses of $2.3 million during the six months ended July 1, 2012 which included $1.7 million due to the March 2012 determination that Lakes would not continue to move forward with the casino project with the Jamul Tribe, and the termination of Lakes’ agreement with the Jamul Tribe. Also included in impairments and other losses for the six months ended July 1, 2012 were $0.6 million related to costs associated with development plans for the Rocky Gap project which were subsequently revised.
Amortization of intangible assets related to Indian casino projects was $0.5 million for both the six months ended June 30, 2013 and the six months ended July 1, 2012.
Depreciation and amortization was $0.7 million for the six months ended June 30, 2013 compared to $0.1 million for the six months ended July 1, 2012. The increase related to depreciation on Rocky Gap fixed assets.Other income, net, was $3.0 million for the six months ended June 30, 2013 compared to $2.7 million for the six months ended July 1, 2012. A significant portion of the remaining other income, net, in both periods relates to non-cash accretion of interest on the Company’s notes receivable. There was no income tax benefit for the six months ended June 30, 2013 because the Company has utilized all carry back potential. The income tax benefit for the six months ended July 1, 2012 was $2.1 million and was primarily due to the Company’s ability to carry back its estimated taxable losses to a prior year and receive a refund of taxes previously paid
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV