Tutor Perini Corporation (NYSE: TPC) (the “Company”), a leading civil and building construction company, today reported results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2013.
Second-Quarter and Six-Month Results
Revenues were $1,053.1 million and $2,046.0 million for the second quarter and six months ended June 30, 2013, respectively, compared to $985.3 million and $1,897.9 million for the same periods last year. Income from construction operations was $39.5 million and $75.6 million for the second quarter and six months ended June 30, 2013, respectively, compared to a loss from construction operations of $354.2 million and $337.2 million for the same periods last year. Net income was $15.5 million and $30.3 million for the second quarter and six months ended June 30, 2013, respectively, compared to a net loss of $348.4 million and $349.6 million for the same periods last year. Diluted earnings per share (EPS) were $0.32 and $0.62 for the second quarter and six months ended June 30, 2013, respectively, compared to a diluted loss per share of $7.35 and $7.38 for the same periods last year. Excluding a $376.6 million goodwill and intangible assets impairment charge and a $20.7 million tax benefit provided on the impairment charge, both of which were recorded in the second quarter of 2012, net income for the second quarter of 2012 was $7.5 million, or $0.16 per diluted share. Excluding the impairment charge and related tax benefit, together with a $2.7 million realized loss on the sale of certain auction rate securities and $3.6 million in discrete tax adjustments recorded in the first quarter of 2012, net income for the six months ended June 30, 2012 was $11.6 million, or $0.24 per diluted share. Net income and diluted EPS excluding these adjustments are non-GAAP financial measures, which are discussed below and are reconciled to the most directly comparable GAAP measures in the financial tables attached hereto.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV