Schneiders® 401 sign renovations complete: Share your message for a chance to win
TSX: MFI www.mapleleaffoods.com
TORONTO, Aug. 8, 2013 /CNW/ - Maple Leaf Foods has completed renovations on the Schneiders® "Wiener Beacon" sign, located beside Highway 401 near Highway 6.
"The Schneiders 401 sign needed upgrading and we were faced with the decision of either taking it down completely or investing in an upgrade," said Andrew Pollock, Senior Vice President, Marketing and Innovation, Maple Leaf Consumer Foods. "The sign has an iconic history in the region and the Schneiders brand is stronger than ever before. The upgrades will help the sign 'shine on' for many more years to come as we grow the Schneiders brand across Canada."The iconic sign now features more reliable temperature and time indicators. The electronic message board and lights surrounding the "Dutch Girl" brand image have been replaced and are longer-lasting and more energy efficient, cutting down electricity consumption by nearly 50 per cent. Throughout the years, many consumers have asked to share a message on the sign. To coincide with the unveiling and in celebration of the sign's 52 years, Schneiders® is launching a Facebook promotion until September 11, 2013, asking consumers to submit personal messages for a chance to appear on the sign. Fifty-two consumers will be selected; their personal message will be displayed on the sign and they will also receive a digital rendition of the sign with their message and a bonus surprise gift for their participation. Visit www.facebook.com/schneiders for more information and to enter the promotion. Schneiders® Sign Fun Facts
- 6.2 million people view the sign every month.
- Time and temperature displays were not available when the sign was originally erected in 1961; they were added in 1971 along with the Dutch Girl image,
- When the sign was refurbished in 1980, local dignitaries were photographed snipping a string of wieners, in place of the usual 'ribbon cutting' ceremony.
- Locally, the sign is affectionately known as the "Wiener Beacon", representing the long-standing heritage of the Schneiders® history in the region and historically acting as a flight beacon for pilots flying into Toronto Pearson International airport.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV