- 6.2 million people view the sign every month.
- Time and temperature displays were not available when the sign was originally erected in 1961; they were added in 1971 along with the Dutch Girl image,
- When the sign was refurbished in 1980, local dignitaries were photographed snipping a string of wieners, in place of the usual 'ribbon cutting' ceremony.
- Locally, the sign is affectionately known as the "Wiener Beacon", representing the long-standing heritage of the Schneiders® history in the region and historically acting as a flight beacon for pilots flying into Toronto Pearson International airport.
Schneiders® "Wiener Beacon" Ready To Radiate New Life
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.