BUENOS AIRES, Argentina, Aug. 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Banco Macro S.A. (NYSE: BMA; BCBA: BMA) ("Banco Macro" or "BMA" or the "Bank") announced today its results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2013 ("2Q13"). All figures are in Argentine pesos (Ps.) and have been prepared in accordance with Argentine GAAP.
- The Bank's net income totaled Ps.460.4 million in 2Q13. This result was 1% higher than the Ps.457.9 million reported in the first quarter of 2013 ("1Q13") and 39% higher than the Ps.332.1 million posted in the second quarter of 2012 ("2Q12"). In 2Q13, the accumulated annualized return on average equity ("ROAE") and the accumulated annualized return on average assets ("ROAA") were 27.3% and 3.6%, respectively.
- In 2Q13, Banco Macro's financing to the private sector grew 3% or Ps.1.1 billion quarter over quarter ("QoQ") totaling Ps.34.5 billion. Commercial loans showed the best performance. Among commercial loans, mortgages and pledge loans (mainly productive investments loans with mortgage and pledge guarantees respectively, according to Communication "A" 5319 and "A" 5380 of BCRA) grew 18% and 16% QoQ , respectively. Among consumer loans, credit cards loans and personal loans rose 9% and 7% QoQ, respectively.
- In 2Q13, Banco Macro's total deposits grew 1% QoQ, totaling Ps.39.5 billion and representing 85% of the Bank's total liabilities. Private sector deposits grew 4% QoQ.
- Banco Macro continued showing a strong solvency ratio, with excess capital of Ps.3.0 billion (21.7% capitalization ratio). In addition, the Bank's liquid assets remained at an adequate level, reaching 29.5% of its total deposits in 2Q13.
- In 2Q13, the Bank's non-performing to total financing ratio was 1.88% and the coverage ratio reached 143.9%.
2Q13 Earnings Release Conference Call
Friday, August 9, 2013 Time: 11:00 a.m. Eastern Time | 12:00 p.m. Buenos Aires TimeTo participate, please dial:Argentine Participants: (0800) 444 2930U.S. Participants: +1 (877) 317 6776 Participants from outside the U.S.: +1 (412) 317 6776