SPOKANE, Wash., Aug. 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Red Lion Hotels Corporation (NYSE: RLH) today announced the retirement of Jon E. Eliassen, Red Lion's President and Chief Executive Officer and a member of the company's Board of Directors. Mr. Eliassen will step down as President and CEO on August 12, 2013 and James P. Evans, a director of the company since December 2012 and the former Chief Executive Officer of Brand USA, Ardent Hotel Advisors, Jenny Craig International and Best Western International, will assume the role of Interim President and Chief Executive Officer of Red Lion at that time.
The Red Lion Board will immediately initiate a search process and retain a leading executive search firm to assist in identifying the next President and CEO. The search process will include a full review of internal and external candidates. Mr. Eliassen will remain a member of the Board through September 30, 2013 in order to facilitate a seamless transition of leadership responsibilities."It has been an honor to serve as Red Lion's President and CEO for the last four years, and to have worked with the some of the finest employees and management team in the hotel and hospitality industry," said Mr. Eliassen. "I have been discussing my retirement with the Board for several months and believe that now is the right time to select a new leader for the next phase of Red Lion's development and growth. I am committed to ensuring that this transition is seamless for all of Red Lion's stakeholders. I am leaving the company in excellent hands and I am confident that our strong team will continue to succeed and build on the important progress we have made."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV