Annie’s, Inc. (NYSE: BNNY), a leading natural and organic food company, today announced financial results for its first quarter of fiscal 2014, ended June 30, 2013.
- Net sales for the first quarter were $39.0 million, an increase of 13.8%; Retail consumption remained strong, increasing approximately 20% 1
- Diluted EPS for the first quarter was $0.12; adjusted diluted EPS 2 was $0.13, an increase of 5.0%
- Management reaffirms full-year guidance, including adjusted net sales growth of 18% to 20% and adjusted diluted EPS of $0.97 to $1.01, an increase of 21% to 26%
“Our products continue to perform exceptionally well in the marketplace, as we benefit from the strength of the Annie’s brand, the quality of our products, and our efforts to expand and improve distribution,” commented John Foraker, CEO of Annie’s. “Our strong retail execution is reflected in our consumption growth, which accelerated during the first quarter. While our financial results were negatively impacted by the timing of Easter deliveries and the implementation of an inventory optimization system by a large customer, we expect results for future periods to better reflect our underlying business momentum. We are encouraged by a strong start to our fiscal second quarter and remain on track to achieve our full-year financial targets.
“In addition to a healthy base business, we expect innovation to be a larger contributor to net sales growth over the balance of the year,” continued Foraker. “Retailer acceptance of our new microwavable mac & cheese cups has been strong, and initial orders are ahead of our expectations. Today, we also announced an exciting addition to our frozen line-up with our entry into family-size frozen entrées. Our introduction of frozen entrées is the latest example of our efforts to increase the relevance of the Annie’s brand by developing great-tasting, high-quality products that meet the needs of the entire family,” concluded Foraker.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV