MELVILLE, N.Y., Aug. 8, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- FalconStor Software, Inc. (Nasdaq:FALC), a market leader in disk-based data protection, today announced financial results for its second quarter ended June 30, 2013.
"The FalconStor customer base continues to receive value in the form of optimized storage, business continuity and lower total cost of ownership," said Gary Quinn, president and CEO of FalconStor. "We are strengthening our balance sheet, and reviewing our current product portfolio for additional investments. We are excited about our joint-efforts into the "flash memory" market segment, we are rebalancing our routes-to-market -- both by customer segment and geography -- and we look to rationalize our costs to maximize stockholder value."
Financial and Business Highlights and Overview:
- Appointed Gary Quinn President and Chief Executive Officer in July 2013.
- Reached an agreement in principle with Hale Capital Partners on August 5, 2013 for an equity investment of up to $15 million in the form of redeemable convertible preferred stock, subject to certain closing conditions.
- Signed an agreement to sell the Company's investment in Tianjin Zhongke Blue Whale Technologies Co., Ltd., a Chinese joint venture, for $3.0 million on August 7, 2013, subject to certain closing conditions.
- As a result of these strategic initiatives, the Company notified the investment banking firm Wells Fargo Securities, LLC that the Company was ending Wells Fargo's retention as the Company's exclusive financial advisor.
- A Joint Motion for Preliminary Approval of the Class Action lawsuit was filed with the courts on June 14, 2013. In January 2013, the parties to the Class Action reached an agreement in principle to settle the Class Action for $5.0 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV