Mad Catz Interactive, Inc. (“Mad Catz” or “the Company”) (NYSE MKT/TSX: MCZ), today announced financial results for the fiscal 2014 first quarter ended June 30, 2013.
Key Fiscal 2014 First Quarter Highlights:
- Net sales in the quarter declined 14% to $18.7 million, as a 37% decrease in sales to North America was partially offset by increases in sales of 3% in Europe and 24% in APAC;
- Gross margin remained stable at 28.7% versus the first quarter last year;
- Total operating expenses declined 6% year-over-year to $7.5 million, driven primarily by lower acquisition-related items;
- Diluted loss per share of $0.03 remained flat versus the prior year;
- Net position of bank loan, less cash, was $8.4 million at June 30, 2013 compared to $6.1 million at March 31, 2013 and $11.9 million at June 30, 2012;
- Shipped the TRITTON™ Kunai™ Universal Headset for consoles, PC, Mac and smart devices;
- Shipped the TRITTON F.R.E.Q.7 surround sound gaming headset, Mad Catz M.O.U.S.9 wireless mouse and R.A.T.M gaming mouse for PC, Mac and smart devices;
- Announced the Mad Catz M.O.J.O. Android™ Micro Console as part of the Company’s GameSmart initiative;
- Announced the Mad Catz C.T.R.L.R Wireless GamePad for mobile and smart devices;
- Announced the TRITTON Kunai Stereo Gaming Headset, the TRITTON Pro+ True 5.1 Surround Sound Headset for PC and Mac as well as the TRITTON F.R.E.Q.4D Gaming Headset for PC, Mac and smart devices;
- Announced the Mad Catz Killer Instinct™ Arcade FightStick™ Tournament Edition 2 and the Mad Catz Arcade FightStick Tournament Edition 2 for Xbox One™; and
- Announced the appointment of Karen McGinnis as Chief Financial Officer.
|Summary of Financials|
|(in US$ thousands, except margins and per-share data)|
|Ended June 30,|
|Total operating expenses||7,483||7,967||-6||%|
|Net loss per share, basic and diluted||($0.03||)||($0.03||)||-|
|EBITDA (loss) (1)||($1,402||)||($402||)||249||%|
|Adjusted EBITDA (loss) (1)||($1,385||)||($592||)||134||%|
(1) Definitions, disclosures and reconciliations regarding non-GAAP financial information are included on page 8.
Commenting on the results, Darren Richardson, President and Chief Executive Officer of Mad Catz, said, “We entered fiscal 2014 with several key objectives, including furthering the transition of our business toward higher-value products, positioning the Company to take full advantage of the shift towards mobile gaming, and strategically leveraging our resources to best benefit from the launch of the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 gaming consoles during the upcoming holiday season.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV