Anacor Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:ANAC) announced today its financial results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2013.
“We had a busy second quarter as we finalized preparations for our NDA for tavaborole, which was submitted on July 26 th. This is an exciting time at Anacor as we begin to reap the benefits of the investments that we’ve made in drug development over the last decade and plan the commercialization of our later stage products,” said David Perry, Chief Executive Officer of Anacor Pharmaceuticals.
Second Quarter 2013 Highlights and Recent Developments
Tavaborole – our lead topical antifungal product candidate for the
treatment of onychomycosis, a fungal infection of the nail and nail
bed that affects approximately 35 million people in the United States.
- On July 26, 2013, we submitted a New Drug Application (NDA) to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for tavaborole, the first drug in our clinical pipeline to reach this milestone.
AN2728 – our lead topical anti-inflammatory product candidate for the
treatment of atopic dermatitis and psoriasis. Atopic dermatitis is a
chronic rash characterized by inflammation and itching and affects an
estimated 40 million people in the seven major pharmaceutical markets,
including approximately 10% to 20% of infants and young children.
- In July 2013, we initiated a MUSE (maximal use systemic exposure) study in children with atopic dermatitis to measure blood levels when AN2728 is applied under maximal use conditions.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV