BROOMFIELD, Colo., Aug. 8, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Noodles & Company (Nasdaq:NDLS) today announced financial results for the second quarter ended July 2, 2013.
Key highlights for the second quarter of 2013 compared to the second quarter of 2012 include:
- Total revenue increased 18.2% to $89.2 million from $75.5 million.
- Comparable restaurant sales increased 4.7% for company-owned restaurants, 2.3% for franchise restaurants and 4.4% system-wide.
- Restaurant contribution margin increased 40 basis points to 21.3%.
- Adjusted net income(1) increased 35.6% to $4.0 million or $0.13 per diluted share, from $2.9 million.
- GAAP Net income was $0.1 million, compared to net income of $2.2 million.
- 13 new restaurants opened system-wide, including 11 company-owned and two franchised restaurants.
Key highlights for the first two quarters of 2013 compared to the first two quarters of 2012 include:
- Total revenue increased 17.3% to $170.5 million from $145.4 million.
- Comparable restaurant sales increased 3.5% for company-owned restaurants, 0.2% for franchise restaurants, and 3.0% system-wide.
- Restaurant contribution margin decreased 40 basis points to 20.0%.
- Adjusted net income(1) increased 11.0% to $5.4 million from $4.8 million, or $0.18 per diluted share.
- GAAP Net income of $1.0 million, or $0.04 per diluted share, compared to net income of $3.5 million.
- 22 new restaurants opened system-wide, including 20 company-owned and two franchised restaurants.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV