EMERYVILLE, Calif., Aug. 8, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Amyris, Inc. (Nasdaq:AMRS), a leading renewable chemicals and fuels company, today announced financial results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2013.
" During the second quarter, we continued to ramp up our farnesene production volume at our production facility in Brotas, Brazil. We achieved record renewable product sales during the quarter and continued to execute on our collaboration strategy with our partners, all the while maintaining lower operating expenses," said John Melo, Amyris President & CEO.
" We have also secured an agreement with our two leading shareholders for $60 million in funding, which will provide us with the necessary resources and financial flexibility to achieve Amyris's business objectives," Melo added.BUSINESS HIGHLIGHTS Below are some highlights from our activities during the second quarter of 2013. Farnesene Production
- Continued production and commercial shipments of farnesene from our facility located adjacent to the Paraíso sugarcane mill in Brotas, São Paulo.
- Successful ramp up of farnesene production allowed early exit from a higher-cost contract manufacturing facility.
- Renewable product sales of $4.2 million during the quarter were up 40% over previous quarter and 84% higher than same period in 2012.
- Quarterly revenue increase led by sales of renewable emollient (Neossance® Squalane), confirming cosmetic formulators' shift from shark and olive oil-derived squalane to Amyris sugarcane-derived squalane.
- Agreement with Firmenich to begin commercial production of a high-value fragrance oil molecule later this year.
- Second successful demonstration flight with Amyris-Total renewable jet fuel at Paris Air Show.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV