Crumbs Bake Shop, Inc. (“Crumbs”) (NASDAQ: CRMB), the largest cupcake specialty store chain in the U.S., today reported financial results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2013.
Highlights of the Second Quarter 2013 Compared to the Second Quarter 2012:
- Net sales increased 11.5% to $12.4 million from $11.1 million.
- Store operating weeks increased 38.2% to 916 from 663.
- Gross profit increased 6.2% to $6.7 million from $6.3 million.
- Net loss attributable to stockholders was $(2.8) million or $(0.23) per share compared to $(0.4) million or $(0.08) per share.
- Adjusted EBITDA 1, a non GAAP measure, was $(2.1) million compared to $(0.5) million.
1. See financial tables for a reconciliation of adjusted EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization), a non-GAAP measure, to GAAP results.
Julian R. Geiger, President and Chief Executive Officer, said, “While we are not pleased with our performance, we remain focused on the initiatives and strategies that we have discussed in the past and which we still believe will be the vehicles that will ultimately change the trajectory and vitality of our business in the future.”Second Quarter 2013 Financial Results Net sales increased 11.5% to $12.4 million from $11.1 million in the second quarter of 2012. The increase was primarily attributable to $2.9 million in sales from the 32 stores not in the same store sales base offset by a $1.7 million decrease in sales from the 49 stores in the same store sales base. Same store sales represent the change in sales for stores after their 15 th full calendar month of operation. Four stores moved into the same store sales base during the quarter itself. Store operating weeks increased 38.2% to 916 from 663 in the second quarter last year. Cost of sales was $5.7 million compared to $4.8 million in the second quarter of 2012 and increased 270 basis points to 45.8% as a percentage of net sales. Gross profit increased 6.2% to $6.7 million from $6.3 million in the second quarter of last year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV