One was about Green Mountain Coffee Roasters (GMCR - Get Report). This stock interests me for a couple of reasons. First, I am pretty much in love with my Keurig machine and all the different K-Cup options. It feels like I'm regressing several decades when I visit my parents and have to manually load the ground coffee into a filter.
Second, back in my trading days, I actually did make some money on Green Mountain. Did it change my life? No. Was it fun? Sure.
In his story, Rocco mentioned buying one share of Facebook on its debut day, just to participate in the hoopla. There is nothing wrong with participating, in a limited basis, in high-profile stocks and IPOs.
But keep in mind that brokerage firms want you to be actively trading the high-profile names on any given day. There's plenty of support for you to be doing that, rather than staying the course with a balanced index-based portfolio.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV