PARSIPPANY, N.J., Aug. 8, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Avis Budget Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:CAR) has been honored by USAA, a leading financial services provider for military members and their families, for its support of the military community. Part of USAA's Supplier Recognition Program, the "Military Community Supporter Award" is presented to the supplier who has programs, initiatives, community involvement, activities and/or policies that focus on veterans, military spouses, and/or National Guard/Reserve service members. The supplier must also consistently exceed USAA expectations, drive and value for USAA and its members, and exemplify USAA's core values of service, loyalty, honesty and integrity.
"We are committed to being a successful organization not only in economic terms, but also in the many ways that we impact our customers, the people we employ, their families, our communities and the world at large," said Ronald L. Nelson, chairman and chief executive officer, Avis Budget Group. "On behalf of Avis Budget Group's approximately 30,000 employees who work tirelessly to exceed customer expectations, I thank USAA for its continued relationship and for this distinguished honor."
Avis Budget Group's strong connection with military heroes dates back to the Company's founder, Warren Avis, who was a fighter pilot with the Army Air Corps during World War II. Today, Avis Budget Group's tradition of supporting the country's service members includes the following initiatives:
- Avis Budget Group's Chairman and CEO recently signed a "Statement of Support" for the country's military veterans, reservists and national guardsmen. A cornerstone effort of the Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), a Department of Defense agency, the Statement of Support formalizes Avis Budget Group's long-standing commitment to providing military personnel with employment opportunities and the training and tools they need to succeed.
- Avis Budget Group is enlisted in the 100,000 Jobs Mission, a coalition comprised of major corporations that have jointly committed to hiring 100,000 transitioning service members and military veterans by 2020. As part of its promise, Avis Budget Group proactively recruits veterans via veterans' job fairs, military bases and online initiatives.
- Avis Budget Group has a dedicated recruitment website for veterans and transitioning service members. Visit www.avisbudgetgroup-veterans.jobs for more information.
- As the official rental car company of the Wounded Warrior Project (WWP), Budget Car Rental provides transportation assistance as well as support for fundraising to further WWP's mission. WWP is a nonprofit, non-partisan, organization dedicated to raising awareness of severely injured servicemen and servicewomen and providing much needed assistance to these veterans and their families.
CONTACT: Alice Pereira (973) 496-6113 PR@avisbudget.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV