WOONSOCKET, R.I., Aug. 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- CVS Caremark (NYSE: CVS) announced today that Accordant Health Services has launched an updated web site and member portal which provides new features and services for program members and helps support and improve member engagement and participation for clients. Accordant.com now provides eligible members with online access to educational materials, videos, communication tools and community resources that encompass 17 conditions such as Rheumatoid Arthritis, Multiple Sclerosis, Crohn's Disease and Sickle Cell Disease. In addition, Accordant.com is now integrated with the Accordant Care Management System, which enables personalized and secure on-line communication between Accordant nurses and program members.
The new Accordant.com features offer members the option to choose how, when, and where they access the Accordant program to take care of themselves or their loved ones. New features include:
- "Let us Know" box on the home page of the web site where members can securely submit questions about their health and their treatment regimen
- New message center where members receive private messages filled with useful tips and tools for managing their condition
- Robust new content where members can find articles, tools, and brochures to keep them up to date on the latest health information related to their condition.
- Through the portal, members can also share health information with clinical team members and exchange secure messages with Accordant clinicians at times that are most convenient for them.
"The launch of our member portal marks an important milestone for Accordant," said Trip Hofer, President of Accordant Health Services. "While most health management organizations position online tools and services as distinct and separate from those provided on the telephone or via mail, we recognize that health care doesn't happen at a single point in time or through only one channel. The updated member portal at Accordant.com offers a digital experience that further enables Accordant to proactively support and empower individuals with rare conditions to improve their total health and manage their multiple and complex needs."
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts