NORTHBROOK, Ill., Aug. 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Allstate Insurance Company today announced the newest initiative under its Rider Protection Project portfolio – a series of programs all focused on making the roads a safer place to ride. The Allstate Good Ride Grant contest will award a combined total of $25,000* to contest winners with the best ideas for advancing motorcycle safety and awareness. Good Ride Grants join Rider Risk Map, Once is Never Enough (O.N.E.) and other rider advocacy initiatives, all part of Allstate's commitment to protecting riders.
Now through Aug. 31, 2013, contest applicants may submit their Good Ride Grant submissions through the designated tab on Allstate Motorcycle's Facebook page ( facebook.com/AllstateMotorcycle). Entries are welcome from anyone, including local governments, dealerships, rider clubs and individuals.
"Riding a motorcycle presents a feeling of freedom, adventure and camaraderie with fellow riders, but we also know the risks that come along with it," said Keith Rutman, vice president of Allstate's Powersports unit. "The Good Ride Grant program allows Allstate to continue our mission of protecting riders while also keeping an open ear to the riding community and what they feel is important."The first 1,000 contest entries to be submitted before Aug. 31 will be reviewed and finalists will be chosen by a six-person judging committee, comprising of representatives from Allstate and a diverse collection of motorcycle industry professionals, including custom motorcycle builder Rick Fairless. "I'm proud to partner with Allstate on an issue that has always been top of mind for me, and I think that the Good Ride Grant program is a great way to empower our riding community to help each other protect what is a lifestyle for so many of us by making it as safe as possible," said Fairless.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV