In Light of Food Poisoning Outbreaks, Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
Highlights Free Resources to Help Reduce Food Poisoning Risk
CHICAGO, Aug. 8, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Food poisoning causes 48 million illnesses in the U.S. each year. The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics encourages everyone to reduce their risk with simple safety steps from www.HomeFoodSafety.org and by downloading the free Is My Food Safe? mobile app at http://www.homefoodsafety.org/app.
The Academy's award-winning HomeFoodSafety.org website and Is My Food Safe? mobile app are free resources provided by the Home Food Safety program -- a collaboration between the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and ConAgra Foods. Since the launch of the app in August 2012, it has already been downloaded 20,000 times on Apple and Android devices.The Is My Food Safe? app consists of the following sections:
- IS IT DONE YET? Check the safe minimum internal cooking temperature for meats and more.
- TIME TO TOSS? Learn essential information on how long you can keep leftovers.
- QUIZ: IS MY KITCHEN SAFE? Test your knowledge of kitchen safety and see what grade your kitchen receives.
- ASK AN EXPERT Find out more about food safety from registered dietitian nutritionists -- the food and nutrition experts.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV