Stocks Climb on China Data, J.C. Penney CEO Speculation
European markets gained on Thursday. The FTSE 100 in London increased 0.28%, and the DAX in Frankfurt added 0.7%.
Asian markets closed mixed overnight. Japan's Nikkei average closed lower by 1.59% at 13,606, despite the Bank of Japan's decision to leave its key interest rate unchanged and to continue the pace of its bond-buying program. Hong Kong's Hang Seng climbed 0.31% to 21,656.
The benchmark 10-year was up 7/32, diluting the yield to 2.59%. The dollar was dropping 0.36%, according to the U.S. dollar index.
-- Written by Joe Deaux in New York.>Contact by Email. Follow @JoeDeaux
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV