BLUE BELL, Pa., Aug. 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Unisys Corporation (NYSE: UIS) today announced that it is partnering with Intel Corporation (NASDAQ: INTC) to bring to market a breakthrough secure computing platform designed to handle the most demanding requirements of mission-critical cloud and big data workloads, while offering Unix clients a cost-effective path off legacy RISC-based platforms onto an Intel-based environment.
The new platform, to be released later in 2013, will build on the unmatched security Unisys delivers in mission-critical computing. 1 It will combine Unisys' advanced secure partitioning (s-Par®) technology with the innovative computing and security features of Intel® Xeon® family processors, providing an extremely flexible and powerful environment.
The platform will support a range of Intel's high-performance, availability and security innovations for the Xeon processor family.
As a leading Intel enterprise partner, Unisys believes that the platform will be the first architecture based on Intel Xeon processors to bring enterprise-level security, availability, scalability and predictable performance to the three key IT challenges facing enterprises today:
- Harnessing the power of the cloud. The Unisys-Intel platform will enable organizations to host Linux, Windows and migrated Unix application workloads on the same platform and provision them across all delivery models – from high-availability mission-critical environments to public clouds – with levels of security and performance required for each workload.
- Applying big data to real-world applications. The platform will provide extraordinary scalability for big data solutions. It can run open-source Hadoop queries in a single secure partition, adding virtual machines as necessary to solve complex problems in real time.
- Migrating from Unix-RISC systems. By bringing partitioning and other mission-critical attributes of RISC systems to an Intel x86 platform, the platform will provide a cost-efficient migration path from RISC systems running Unix applications without diminishing system performance.
- Intel Integrated I/O to increase input/output speed and provide greater bandwidth using PCI Express Generation 3 (PCIe 3.0).
- New Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0, which uses advanced algorithms to deliver increased performance with greatest power efficiency.
- Intel Advanced Encryption Standard New Instructions (AES NI) for faster, more efficient high-volume encryption.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts