Coeur Mining, Inc. (the “Company” or “Coeur”) (NYSE: CDE) (TSX: CDM) reported metal sales of $204.5 million, cash flow from operating activities of $63.3 million, or $0.63 per share, and capital expenditures of $27.2 million during the second quarter 2013.
The Company produced 4.6 million ounces of silver and 60,757 ounces of gold during the second quarter 2013, representing increases of 21% and 7%, respectively, over the first quarter 2013. Silver and gold production at the Palmarejo mine in Mexico increased 24% and 23%, respectively, compared to the first quarter. Companywide cash operating costs were $8.86 per silver ounce 1 and were $1,115 per gold ounce 1 at the Company's Kensington gold mine during the second quarter.
The Company reaffirmed its 2013 full-year production guidance of 18.0-19.5 million ounces of silver and 250,000-265,000 ounces of gold. Despite lower gold prices used to calculate by-product credits, Coeur is maintaining its full-year cash operating cost 1 guidance of $9.50 - $10.50 per silver ounce, which reflects the effects of the Company's ongoing cost reduction efforts. Although the Company anticipates Kensington's second half cash operating costs per gold ounce 1 to be approximately 20% lower than the first half of the year, full-year 2013 cost guidance for Kensington is being revised upward slightly to $950 - $1,000 (compared to prior guidance of $900 - $950). Coeur will provide a three-year production outlook for each of its operations during the second half of 2013.
Second Quarter 2013 Highlights
- Metal production increased to 4.6 million silver ounces and 60,757 gold ounces, an increase of 21% and 7%, respectively, from the first quarter 2013.
- Metal sold increased to 5.2 million silver ounces and 63,389 gold ounces from 3.1 million silver ounces and 51,926 gold ounces in the first quarter 2013.
- Net metal sales were $204.5 million, up 19% compared to the first quarter 2013 despite average realized prices of $22.86 per silver ounce and $1,416 per gold ounce, which were 25% and 13% lower, respectively, than the first quarter 2013.
- Cash flow from operating activities was $63.3 million, or $0.63 per share, in the second quarter compared to $12.9 million, or $0.14 per share, during the first quarter 2013. Net loss for the second quarter 2013 was $35.0 million, or $0.35 per share, compared with net income of $12.3 million, or $0.14 per share, in the first quarter 2013. Adjusted earnings 1 were $(34.6) million, or $(0.35) per share, compared with $6.8 million, or $0.08 per share, in the first quarter 2013.
- Cash, cash equivalents, and short-term investments were $249.5 million at June 30, 2013, compared with $332.8 million at March 31, 2013. On April 16, 2013, $99.1 million was used as part of the consideration to acquire Orko Silver Corporation. The Company's $100 million revolving credit facility remains undrawn.
- Effective June 27, 2013, Coeur settled the outstanding claims dispute at Rochester.
|1.||Adjusted earnings and cash operating costs are non-GAAP measures. Please see tables in the Appendix for the reconciliation to U.S. GAAP. Total debt includes short and long-term indebtedness and excludes capital leases and royalty obligations.|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV