- Enhanced Drug Information: Allows users to quickly search for easy-to-understand information on thousands of drugs to help them make better health decisions and have more informed consultations with their caregivers, pharmacists or physicians.
- New medication overviews that include large pill images as well as "How This Drug Works" videos that show what is happening inside the body when taking the medication. This helps patients understand how the medication works so they will keep taking it even if they do not feel an immediate physical difference.
- Customers can also review guidance on whether certain medications are safe for use before, during and after pregnancy. Other condition and lifestyle related information including interactions with food and drink.
- Unprecedented Access to Drug Details: Users can now view details on side effect occurrence rates and patient usage statistics that were previously not readily available to consumers.
- With more information on the reported incident, severity and onset of clinical side effects, patients will have a better grasp of what to expect in regard to side effects, when to expect them, and when to be concerned about side effects they may experience.
- Access to new patient usage resources provides information on typical strengths prescribed, plus average generic versus brand name drug usage rates.
- Drug Interaction Checker: Similar to the innovative Drug Interaction Checker recently added to the CVS/pharmacy Mobile app for smartphones, the new CVS.com Drug Information Center now features a personalized drug interaction checker.
- Users are able to quickly and easily import prescription information from their secure CVS.com account or manually enter information to find out how a particular prescription medication or over-the-counter (OTC) remedy interacts with other medications and lifestyle factors.
- The tool offers patients a full view of possible interactions as compared to all current medications, and users can refine their searches by severity of interactions or by specific drugs.
- Printable Medicine List: Users are able to combine prescription and non-prescription health information into one personalized printable list that folds into card size they can store in a wallet, facilitating better communication between patient and healthcare provider.
CVS/pharmacy Launches New Online Drug Information Center
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts