FORT WORTH, Texas, Aug. 8, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Tandy Leather Factory, Inc. (Nasdaq:TLF) reported today that sales for the month of July were $6.5 million, up 12% compared to July 2012 sales of $5.8 million. Year to date sales are up 10% to $44.9 million in the current year compared to $40.8 million last year.
Retail Leathercraft's sales rose 16% to $3.9 million compared to July 2012 sales of $3.4 million. The 77 comparable stores' sales were up 15% compared to the same period last year. The one store opened after July 2012 added July sales of $39,000. Year-to-date sales for Retail Leathercraft are $26.8 million, a 14% increase over sales of $23.5 million for the same period of 2012. As of the end of July, the 77 comparable stores' sales were up 13% compared to sales reported for the same period in 2012.
Wholesale Leathercraft posted sales of $2.3 million for July, up 8% compared to July 2012 sales of $2.1 million. Within the Wholesale Leathercraft division, compared to July 2012, wholesale same store sales were up 8% and the National Account group's sales were up 10%. National Account sales were $161,000 for the month compared to $147,000 in July last year. For the year to date, Wholesale Leathercraft sales are $15.8 million, up 2% from last year's sales of $15.5 million. As of the end of July, the wholesale same store sales were up 4% compared to the same period last year and the National Account group's sales were down 29%.International Leathercraft reported July sales of $303,000, up 6% compared to July 2012 sales of $287,000. For the year to date, International Leathercraft sales were $2.3 million compared to $1.8 million last year, up 27%. All three stores in the segment have been opened for both periods, so same store sales for the month and year to date were the same as the segment's sales.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV