NEW YORK, Aug. 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Spanish Broadcasting System, Inc. (SBS); (NASDAQ: SBSA), today announced that its New York station WSKQ-FM "Mega 97.9FM" achieved significant ratings gains and strengthened its market position in Arbitron's recently-released July 2013 trend report. WSKQ-FM Mega 97.9FM has captured the number one position amongst all RADIO stations in the Tri-State New York market, for Adults 18-34 and Adults 18-49, regardless of language.
- New York: WSKQ-FM (Mega 97.9FM)- #1 station among ALL Adults 18-49 & A18-34 in New York regardless of language.
Albert Rodriguez COO of SBS commented, "As WSKQ-FM Mega 97.9FM continues to lead and reach listeners in New York, we are confident that audiences will only continue to grow even more so, as demonstrated in the latest New York Arbitron rankings. The Hispanic community is growing rapidly and SBS New York will continue to provide quality, compelling entertainment to satisfy its listeners."
"The SBS Radio cluster in New York has consistently served as the leader in the NY Latino market place for over 30 years. Today we have only strengthened that position by becoming the number 1 radio station in New York regardless of language amongst key advertising demos, A18-49 & A18-34", said Eric Garcia VP of Sales of SBS New York. " Our Arbitron performance reflects our strategic advantages and tactical strengths, which benefit both the communities we serve and our clients who are tapping into the branding power of WSKQ-FM Mega 97.9FM by reaching the fast growing Hispanic consumer segment."Jesus Salas, EVP of Programming & Multiplatform Coordinator of SBS commented, "WSKQ-FM Mega 97.9FM reaching the number one rank over all the stations in New York regardless of language is an impressive and history making event. WSKQ-FM Mega 97.9 FM has a close tie with the local community unlike any other station. Our on air personalities have formed an emotional relationship with our millions of listeners in a unique way." WSKQ-FM "Mega 97.9FM" radio personalities have captured New Yorkers with the best on air content and music. The solid ratings performance confirms Spanish Broadcasting's leadership commitment to delivering the growing Hispanic consumer audience the best original programming throughout the Tri-State area.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV