Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI) access points (APs), the AP 6522 and the AP 8132, outperformed Ruckus Wireless in an independent lab evaluation. Tolly, the industry’s premier independent testing and strategic consulting organization, tested the access points in high-density deployments.
Environments – such as meeting rooms, banquet halls, conference centers, dense office environments and classrooms – require reliable, high-performing wireless access for applications such as video streaming. These high-density deployments frequently require APs to be in close proximity to each other, potentially leading to adjacent channel interference (ACI) which can degrade the overall network performance. The AP 6522 and AP 8132 performed strongly in ACI management during the testing, offering greater downstream throughput and better performance in video applications.
Among the report’s key findings, Motorola Solutions’ APs delivered unique differentiation in the following areas in comparison to the other solutions tested:
- The AP 6522 and AP 8132 provided up to 81 percent more throughput compared to the beam-forming and antenna array-enabled access points.
- When testing video streaming, the Motorola APs handled three times the capacity of video clients: 30 simultaneous video clients compared to 15 with background traffic.
- The Motorola APs exhibited six times faster power and channel selection to mitigate radio frequency (RF) interference to provide higher capacity network performance.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts