Brookfield Property also bought British logistics warehouse developer Gazeley from Dubai World subsidiary Dubai Economic Zones World for an undisclosed sum in June.
Tokyo-based Kajima operates in multiple business segments, such as construction, civil engineering, and construction retail, real estate management and leasing.
Brookfield Property Partners trades on both the New York and Toronto Stock Exchanges and has a market capitalization of C$1.6 billion ($1.5 billion). Shares were up .05% to C$21.10 on the Toronto Stock Exchange Wednesday afternoon.
Kajima has a market capitalization of 378.1 billion Yen ($3.9 billion). Shares closed down 2.6% to 364 Yen Tuesday.Philip Rosen, Shayla Harlev, David Laibstain, Kyle Junik, Gabriel Gershowitz and Andrea Bidegaray at Weil, Gotshal & Manges were lead counsel to Brookfield Property. Written by Thomas Zadvydas.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV