We use AUM as a performance measurement of our investment activities, as well as to monitor fund size in relation to professional resource and infrastructure needs.
- Fee-generating AUM consists of assets that we manage and on which we earn management fees or monitoring fees pursuant to management agreements on a basis that varies among the Apollo funds. Management fees are normally based on “net asset value,” “gross assets,” “adjusted par asset value,” “adjusted cost of all unrealized portfolio investments,” “capital commitments,” “adjusted assets,” “stockholders’ equity,” “invested capital” or “capital contributions,” each as defined in the applicable management agreement. Monitoring fees, also referred to as advisory fees, are generally based on the total value of certain structured portfolio company investments, which normally include leverage, less any portion of such total value that is already considered in fee-generating AUM.
- Non-fee generating AUM consists of assets that do not produce management fees or monitoring fees. These assets generally consist of the following:
|(i)||fair value above invested capital for those funds that earn management fees based on invested capital;|
|(ii)||net asset values related to general partner and co-investment ownership;|
|(iii)||unused credit facilities;|
|(iv)||available commitments on those funds that generate management fees on invested capital;|
|(v)||structured portfolio company investments that do not generate monitoring fees; and|
|(vi)||the difference between gross asset and net asset value for those funds that earn management fees based on net asset value.|
We use non-fee generating AUM combined with fee-generating AUM as a performance measurement of our investment activities, as well as to monitor fund size in relation to professional resource and infrastructure needs. Non-fee generating AUM includes assets on which we could earn carried interest income.
- Private equity dollars invested is the aggregate amount of dollars invested by certain of Apollo’s private equity funds during a given period, which we believe is a useful supplemental measure because it provides shareholders with information about the capital deployed for investment opportunities in a given period.
- Uncalled private equity commitments represents unfunded capital commitments that certain of Apollo’s private equity funds have received from its limited partners to contribute capital to fund future or current investments and expenses, which we believe is a useful supplemental measure because it provides shareholders with information about the unfunded capital commitments available to be deployed for future or current investments and expenses for our private equity funds.
- “Gross IRR” of a fund represents the cumulative investment-related cash flows for all of the investors in the fund on the basis of the actual timing of investment inflows and outflows (for unrealized investments assuming disposition on June 30, 2013 or other date specified) aggregated on a gross basis quarterly, and the return is annualized and compounded before management fees, carried interest and certain other fund expenses (including interest incurred by the fund itself) and measures the returns on the fund’s investments as a whole without regard to whether all of the returns would, if distributed, be payable to the fund’s investors.
- “Net IRR” of a fund means the gross IRR applicable to all investors, including related parties which may not pay fees, net of management fees, organizational expenses, transaction costs, and certain other fund expenses (including interest incurred by the fund itself). The realized and the estimated unrealized value is adjusted such that a percentage of up to 20.0% of the unrealized gain is allocated to the general partner, thereby reducing the balance attributable to fund investors carried interest all offset to the extent of interest income, and measures returns based on amounts that, if distributed, would be paid to investors of the fund to the extent that an Apollo fund exceeds all requirements detailed within the applicable fund agreement.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV