This Day On The Street
Continue to site
This account is pending registration confirmation. Please click on the link within the confirmation email previously sent you to complete registration.
Need a new registration confirmation email? Click here

Apollo Global Management, LLC Reports Second Quarter 2013 Results

In addition to certain funds and SIAs included in the investment record tables and capital deployed from certain SIAs across our private equity, credit and real estate funds, we also managed an additional approximate $6.3 billion of total AUM in SIAs as of June 30, 2013. The above investment record tables exclude certain funds and SIAs with an aggregate AUM of approximately $5.0 billion as of June 30, 2013, which were excluded because management deemed them to be immaterial.

Supplemental Segment Information

Private Equity Dollars Invested and Uncalled Commitments

The following table summarizes the private equity dollars invested during the specified reporting periods:
  For the Three Months Ended June 30,   For the Six Months Ended June 30,
2013   2012 2013   2012
(in millions)
Private equity dollars invested $ 177 $ 1,657 $ 1,368 $ 2,641

The following table summarizes the uncalled private equity commitments as of June 30, 2013 and 2012, and December 31, 2012:
  As of June 30, 2013   As of December 31, 2012   As of June 30, 2012
(in millions)
Uncalled private equity commitments $ 13,026 $ 7,464 $ 6,647

Cost and Fair Value of our Funds’ Investments by Segment

The following table provides a summary of the cost and fair value of our funds’ investments by segment:
  As of June 30, 2013 (1) As of June 30, 2012   As of December 31, 2012 (1)
(in millions)  
Private Equity:  
Cost $ 15,807 $ 16,963 $ 16,927
Fair Value 24,019 24,817 25,867
Cost $ 15,191 $ 15,317 $ 15,097 (2)
Fair Value 15,069 15,842 16,287 (2)
Real Estate:
Cost $ 4,538 $ 4,103 $ 3,848 (2)
Fair Value 4,385 3,677 3,680 (2)
    (1)     Cost and fair value amounts are presented for investments of the funds that are listed in the investment record tables.
(2) AMTG and ARI amounts are as of September 30, 2012.

As of June 30, 2013, approximately 72% of the fair value of our fund investments was determined using market-based valuation methods (i.e., reliance on broker or listed exchange quotes) and the remaining 28% was determined primarily by comparable company and industry multiples or discounted cash flow models. For our private equity, credit and real estate segments, the percentage determined using market-based valuation methods as of June 30, 2013 was 60%, 88% and 50%, respectively.

6 of 9

Check Out Our Best Services for Investors

Action Alerts PLUS

Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.

Product Features:
  • $2.5+ million portfolio
  • Large-cap and dividend focus
  • Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Quant Ratings

Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.

Product Features:
  • Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
  • Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
  • A custom stock screener
Stocks Under $10

David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.

Product Features:
  • Model portfolio
  • Stocks trading below $10
  • Intraday trade alerts
14-Days Free
Only $9.95
14-Days Free
Dividend Stock Advisor

David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.

Product Features:
  • Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
  • Updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
Trifecta Stocks

Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutiny—quantitative, fundamental and technical analysis—to maximize profit potential and minimize risk.

Product Features:
  • Model Portfolio
  • Intra Day Trade alerts
  • Access to Quant Ratings
Real Money

More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.

Product Features:
  • Access to Jim Cramer's daily blog
  • Intraday commentary and news
  • Real-time trading forums
Only $49.95
14-Days Free
14-Days Free
AAPL $95.18 1.64%
FB $117.44 -0.95%
GOOG $692.33 -0.84%
TSLA $232.32 -3.92%
YHOO $36.02 -1.40%


Chart of I:DJI
DOW 17,750.91 -140.25 -0.78%
S&P 500 2,063.37 -18.06 -0.87%
NASDAQ 4,763.2240 -54.37 -1.13%

Free Reports

Top Rated Stocks Top Rated Funds Top Rated ETFs