ST. LOUIS, Aug. 8, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- LMI Aerospace, Inc. (Nasdaq:LMIA), a leading provider of design engineering services and supplier of structural assemblies, kits and components to the aerospace and defense markets, today announced its financial results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2013.
Second Quarter 2013 Highlights
- Growth in sales of the company's legacy Aerostructures business of $9.2 million was partially offset by a reduction in sales of Engineering Services
- Firm backlog as of June 30, 2013, was $421.0 million
- Quarter includes an elimination of contingent consideration for potential earn-out payments of $8.0 million related to the Valent acquisition, but offset in part by a $4.2 million impairment of a 2007 intangible asset trade name in Engineering Services
- Guidance for 2013 revised. 2014 guidance expected to be issued in November 2013.
Second Quarter ResultsNet sales for the second quarter of 2013 increased 52.1 percent to $105.5 million, compared to $69.3 million in the second quarter of 2012, primarily as a result of the inclusion of Valent Aerostructures, LLC ("Valent") in the 2013 period. Net income for the second quarter of 2013 was $4.7 million, or $0.37 per diluted share ($0.18 excluding the impact of the elimination of contingent consideration and impairment of an intangible asset), compared to $5.1 million, or $0.43 per diluted share, in the second quarter of 2012. The following table illustrates the company's net income, excluding the impact of the acquisition of Valent, cumulative catch-up adjustments and non-recurring items in the quarter for comparative purposes.
|Interest expense, net of tax||2,560||0.20|
|Intangible asset impairment, net of tax||2,673||0.21|
|Contingent consideration write-off, net of tax||(5,032)||(0.40)|
|Cumulative catch-up adjustments, net of tax||728||0.06|
|Valent net income||(1,415)||(0.11)|
|Net income excluding Valent, cumulative catch-up adjustments and non-recurring items||$4,178||$0.33|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV