- Business service revenues were $913 million, a 2 percent increase year-over-year
- Consumer broadband service revenues were $120 million, a 6 percent increase year-over-year
- Total revenues and sales were $1.51 billion, a decline of 2 percent year-over-year
- Adjusted OIBDA was $582 million, a decline of 1 percent year-over-year
- Total enterprise customers grew 6 percent year-over-year
LITTLE ROCK, Ark., Aug. 8, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Windstream Corp. (Nasdaq: WIN) today reported continued growth in strategic revenue in its second-quarter results.
Strategic revenue, which consists of total business and consumer broadband revenues, grew 3 percent year-over-year and represents 71 percent of the company's total revenues.
"Our strategy to reposition Windstream in growth areas is driving steady results," said Jeff Gardner, president and CEO. "Additionally, we continue to strike a prudent balance among reinvesting in the company, paying an attractive dividend and reducing debt over time."Pro Forma Results Windstream continued to drive profitable growth in both its business and consumer broadband segments during the quarter. Total enterprise customers, who generate $750 or more in revenue per month, grew 6 percent year-over-year. Average service revenue per business customer per month increased 7 percent from the same period a year ago. Business service revenues were $913 million in the second quarter, a 2 percent increase year-over-year. Data and integrated services revenues were $405 million, an increase of 8 percent from the same period a year ago, primarily due to growth in integrated voice and data services, data center and managed services. The company has opened three new data centers in Chicago, Nashville, Tenn., and Raleigh-Durham, N.C., this year providing ample capacity to meet the strong demand for data center services. Carrier service revenues were $166 million, an increase of 1 percent year-over-year. Consumer broadband service revenues were $120 million, up 6 percent from the same period in 2012, driven by increased sales of broadband features and faster speeds. Total average revenue per customer increased 7 percent year-over-year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV